Thursday, June 18, 2009

I haven't been slacking...really!!

Oh my...I know I should have posted before now, but you know how life has a habit of sneaking up on you...that's what's happened to us ....

Let's start with $400 to fix the pick up truck...it needed a MAP sensor...(who would have thought a little 2x2 box would be so important)...got that fixed and the battery died...(there goes another $50)...then we found out the alternator needed to be replaced...($100 and a whole day gone there)...

OK...so we hoped that would be the end of it...we left for WV to go to our grandson's high school graduation...we were about 20 minutes from DS home and we lost a rear tire...(can you say dry rot?)...replaced the tire and put the spare on the other side...we made it home, but about a week later we had to run to Smithfield for a Drs appointment, we're on our way home and one of the front tires went flat...Called Allstate Motor Club (don't have your roadside assistance with them, you'll find out why in a minute)...they told me that since we'd already been towed 3 times, they had suspended our account...now, ok, I could have dealt with that BUT...they wouldn't even let me upgrade so that I could get service...

Called AAA to renew our membership with them and found out because I needed service the same day as I was renewing I'd have to pay an additional $40...I should have just renewed the membership instead of trying Allstate...

Anyway, knock on wood, since we replaced that tire, we've haven't had to be towed again...still need to replace at least one more tire on the front, but that will have to wait...

So, thanks for listening to my vent...BTW, the advertising page is up on Find Handmade and I promise...starting later today, I'm going to start posting about all the wonderful handmade items I've found lately : ))

Til later!

No comments:

Post a Comment